Custom Search

Friday 29 February 2008

Eating Black Eggs!

Few years ago i visited a good friend in China.
I did also expect to try new things!
Here i get to try Black Duck eggs!
Some people call them 100 year old eggs!
To start with! They are not cooked!
They have been wrapped in Mud & herbs for a very long time.
Its this that gives the eggs a black look.
At the side of my plate is a Glass of Chinese Whiskey.
I respect other peoples tastes and try to understand why they like them.
So even if i don't like what I'm eating!
I will eat more to try and help myself understand the taste they like.
My description of the taste here is:
Mil due rotting books in a damp cellar.
And yes it tastes very old!
Maybe its the oldness that is the acquired taste.
I had the whiskey to wash my mouth with after!
Just in case my body don't take to it.
The whiskey was nice! it had a slight creamy aftertaste with a taste that was also carried in the drinking water.
It was a taste element that followed the Sake and Firewater and the wines.
This alone took me time to get used to.
When i was in the supermarket with my friend nie.
I picked up a large plastic bottle and said" I would like this to take back"
Nie said" NO! its not normal water!! Its Fire water.
I was amazed that us English people can make a mistake like that.
It was like 78% Alc water.
I did get to try it later that day when i was invited to meet Nie's Friends.
I Gambay with them all (That's like Bottoms up) with shots of drinks!
But in this case it was Fire Water.
Lucky i had some Jasmin Tea in a Large glass jug to keep filling my Mug.
so it was Gambay,Tea,Gambay,Tea etc. .
If i didn't have the tea on hand i would have gotten totally Hammered.
It was Gambay with all of the nie's friend's one by one.
I had to keep my head on!
It was fun anyway.

WATCH THE VIDEO OF MYSELF EATING THE EGGS

No comments: